Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the topics and questions that typically come up before someone begins working with me. I've listed it all out so our discovery call can be focused on listening to your needs and how I can best help you.
Questions about Fees and Payment:
- Your Initial Acupuncture or NM appointment will be 2 hours in length and costs $200
- Returning visits 60 minutes in length cost $100
- Returning visits 30 minutes in length cost $55
- Virtual appointments are 20-30 minutes in length and cost $55
- Your Discovery Call can be between 5-15 minutes and is FREE
- Methods of payment accepted are cash, venmo, zelle, paypal, all major credit cards, FSA and HSA accounts and checks.
- Insurance is not billed directly, nor is Dr. Shah in-network with any providers. A superbill can be provided after you pay for your visit for you to submit for re-imbursement.
- Payment is expected after your session is over.
- For late cancellations or missed appointments you will be charged a fair rate of $45. If this fee is not paid within 60 days of your missed appointment the invoice will be sent to collections. Let Dr. Mili know if it is an emergency and the fee could be waived.
- Gift certificats are available.
Questions about Your First Visit and what you need to know:
- Your first visit will last approximately 2 hours.
- Try to complete forms online before coming in, if you aren't able to, don't worry there is time for you to complete them at the office.
- Come in 5 minutes early if you can't complete the forms online.
- Parking is located off Georgia Street through the alleyway behind the building. If the lot is full, there is plently of available parking on El Cajon Boulevard and the surrounding neighborhood streets.
- Wear loose fitting clothing that can be rolled up above the knees and elbows. If you dont have any, don't worry I have gowns available.
- It doesn't hurt. You may feel a dull sensation around the needle, or a strong sensation of the muscle or fascia in NM, but no pain. If something is painful you can communicate that to Dr. Shah and she can adjust.
- Dr. Mili doesn't bill insurance. Look at the FAQs about fees and payment to learn more.
- The first part of your visit will be a detailed health and social history followed by the actual treatment.
Questions about Safety Practices During Covid-19:
- Dr. Mili is following safe practice guidelines as listed out by the California Department of Public Health.
- Masks are worn and required in the office.
- Gloves are worn for prolonged bodywork sessions.
- Frequent handwashing is practiced and encouraged.
- All frequently touched surfaces are wiped down and sanitized before, during and after each session.
- Time blocks are in place between patients to ensure enough time to clean, sanitize and wash hands.
- Air filters and fans are in place to encourage air-flow.
- No more than 5 people are allowed at a given time inside the office to ensure proper social distancing and manage cleanliness and sanitizing.
- Patients are asked to opt for telehealth or Virtual appointments if their sessions are not essential.
- Patients are asked to stay home if they are exhibiting any signs or symptoms.
- Testing is strongly encouraged if you or anyone you have come in contact with tested positive with COVID symptoms or if you experience symptoms.
a 2 hour appointment where your full state of health is assessed along with your initial hands on treatment.
an opportunity to speak with me to answer any health concerns before your initial appointment.
Follow Up session
This is a 60 minute follow up session that follows the Initial appointment. This is most common for returning visits.
This option is newly available to existing clients only. It is a 35 minute visit for those who need more frequent visits or a "block check" between regular visits.
Subscribe now for monthly health tips to keep you balanced at home
enter your email and name below to receive free information delivered directly to your inbox on how to acheive daily peace and happiness...